Ten Things About Me:
1. I lived in Tonbridge in Kent for most of my life, but recently moved to a gorgeous village near Wells and Glastonbury in Somerset where I am bonding with our neighbouring herd of cows and learning various building skills in the renovation of our ancient house.
2. I live with my husband Chris and our two lovely daughters Rain and Jude.
3. We have a Neapolitan Mastiff called Loki, cats Tinkerbell, Rafiki and Lyra, and chickens Ginny and Lavender.
4. My favourite colour is red.
5. I wrote a book! Be In The Place, a teenage adventure romance set at Glastonbury festival was published by Andersen Press in 2005. Sadly since then, my writing career has been pretty much non-existent. However I have written 2 more teenage novels which I may polish up and put on the internet one day. I write with my local writers’ group and post here what I come up with.
6. I spend far too much time wondering what I should do when I grow up.
7. I make alternative clothing, costumes, bottle bags and wedding dresses and sell them at www.Oshun.co.uk and a few festivals.
8. I love drawing and crafting and have become a fan of pyrography – heat engraving. I sell personalised unique gifts on www.etsy.com/shop/WickedFaerieGifts and at craft fairs in the run up to Christmas.
9. I have too many hobbies. I’m always running out of audio books; I love painting, but rarely have the time; I wish I knew photoshop better; I have an electric guitar, and can play Celebrity Skin by Hole very slowly; I was once given a skateboard as a Valentine’s present and got quite good (though not so good that I could drop into a half pipe), but recently have developed a fear of falling off and hurting myself; I enjoy wondering round the garden making great plans for it, but can’t keep on top of the weeding; I am a purple belt in kickboxing (that’s only 2 away from black!) and I go through phases of ballet, zumba or street dancing to keep fit, or not at all; I love Cornwall, and when I’m not falling off, I can surf on a mini-mal; I run the local youth club and am often trying to learn my lines for the village amateur dramatics group.
10. It is my ambition in life to go back in time and be involved in the making of Lord of the Rings.
Ps. I believe in fairies!